You and Me and the Dragon Makes Three
Brash buckler of swashes.
PLAYBOOK: The Dashing Hero
LOOK: Bright eyes, magnificent beard, ornate clothes, toned body.
STRENGTH: 9 (0)
DEXTERITY: 16 (+2)
CONSTITUTION: 13 (+1)
INTELLIGENCE: 12 (0)
WISDOM: 8 (-1)
CHARISMA: 15 (+1)
HP MAX: 21
- Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Adventuring gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Bandages (3 uses, 0 weight)
- Dueling rapier (close, precise, 1 weight)
- Hidden stiletto (hand, 1 weight); never found when searched
- Shining armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic. Dethrone or destabilize a person in power.
RACE: Human. You are especially resourceful. When you use a Plan of Action, take +1 to any roll made to make use of hazards created by the move.
- Xayide realizes just how great I am.
Shank is someone I can rely on to make me look good.
- Shrike needs to work on their appearance.
- Shank needs education on this heroing business, and I will provide it whether they want it or not.
- Shank has a tendency for troublemaking. I must save her from herself.
When you enter a town that you’ve been to before (your call), roll +CHA. On a 10+, there’s an old flame of yours who is willing to assist you somehow. On a 7-9, they’re willing to help you, for a price. On a miss, your romantic misadventures make life more complicated for the party.
When you laugh confidently before performing a crazy acrobatic feat, describe it and roll +DEX. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two:
- You end up exactly where you want to be.
- You don’t attract unwanted attention.
- You grab someone nearby and bring them along with you.
- You show off and feel fantastic about it — take +1 forward.
When you parry an enemy’s attack with your blade, roll +DEX. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1:
- You take no damage.
- You deal damage equal to your level to your opponent.
- You lock blades with them, keeping their full attention.
There is always a chandelier, rope, window, cart, easily-spooked herd of livestock, or similar unusual environmental hazard handy in any situation in which it would be convenient for you and remotely plausible.
When you attempt to enact a daring plan OR defend the honor of a friend or lover, gain 3 hold. You can spend 1-hold to take +1 to any Parry, Defy Danger, or Daring Devil roll made to advance your daring plan or defend their honor. You lose all of this hold after successfully defending their honor or finishing your plan.